Ekologiya provides services to determine the impact of the production environment on the functioning of the human body and its individual systems.
Scientific Research and Producing Enterprise Ekologiya renders following services:
- Research of domestic water.
- Chemical analysis of waste water.
- Ionizing radiation analysis.
Aiming to provide acceptable levels of irradiation not only for an individual, but also for society, the system of radiation and hygienic regulations, determined by the norms of radiation safety of Ukraine, is established.
The aim of the Norms of Radiation Safety of Ukraine No. 97 (НРБУ-97) is determining of the main requirements concerning the following:
- Health protection against probable damage from ionizing radiation.
- Safe use of the sources of ionizing radiation.
- Environment protection.
Fulfillment of the norms of radiation safety is obligatory for all legal entities and natural persons, which perform activities with the sources of ionizing radiation.
The following entities should be responsible for fulfillment of the Norms of Radiation Safety of Ukraine No. 97 (НРБУ-97):
- Natural persons and legal entities, regardless of ownership forms and subordination, which produce, reprocess, use, store, transport, bury, annihilate or recycle the sources of ionizing radiation, and which plan works with them.
- Directors and officials of the executive branches of the government and organizations, which plan and implement counter measures within the section of the Norms, concerning limitation of irradiation in case of radiation accidents and irradiation from anthropogenic intense natural source.
Persons, who committed unlawful acts with the sources of ionizing radiation, or those, who failed to plan or implement counter measures towards recession of irradiation level to the rates, regulated by the Norms of Radiation Safety of Ukraine No. 97 (НРБУ-97), should be brought to responsibility, according to the current legislation of Ukraine.