The owner has a right to develop plan of emergencies mitigation without assistance or with the participation of specialized organizations, under the stipulation, that such organizations have work permit, obtained in established procedure.
After identification and certification of potentially hazardous object the management of the enterprise according to the Order of the Committee on Labor Protection of Ukraine of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development of Ukraine d.d. June 17, 1999 No. 112, registered by the Ministry of Justice on June 30, 1999 under the No. 424/3717, should develop the plan of emergencies mitigation.
The aim of the plan of emergencies mitigation is to plan activities (cooperation) of personnel, special services, citizens, central authorities and local bodies executive authoriies, local self-government on emergency mitigations.
Operative parts of the plan of emergencies mitigation should be developed for the incidents of the levels А, Б and В.
- On the level A, the incident is characterized by its development within one manufacture unit (workshop, division, production section), which is a structural subdivision of the enterprise.
- On the level Б, the incident is characterized by violation of limits of structural subdivision and its development within the enterprise.
- On the level B, the incident is characterized by its development and violation of the limits of the enterprise territory, possibility of influence of the incident hazardous factors on the population, other enterprises (objects) and environment.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should include all development levels of an incident, determined in the process of dangers analysis.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should be developed, considering all stages of the enterprise (object): startup, operation, stoppage and repair.
Plan of emergencies mitigation is based on the following:
- Prognostication of incident initiation scenarios.
- Analysis of incident development scenarios by stages and analysis of scale of their consequences.
- Evaluation of sufficiency of existent measures, preventing initiation and development of an incident, as well as evaluation of technical equipment for incident localizing.
- Analysis of activity of operating personnel and special subdivisions towards emergencies mitigation (incidents localization).
Plan of emergencies mitigation should include the following:
- Title page.
- Analytical part, containing analysis of dangers, possible incidents and their consequences.
- Operative part, regulating the order of interaction and acts of the staff, subdivisions and citizens (in case of need) under conditions of incident. Content of operative part can be changed, depending on the incident level, it is applied to.
- Annexes, consisting of the following documents: copy of the administrative order on appointment of an official (officials), discharging functions of responsible manager of emergencies mitigation in case of incidents of A and Б levels; decision of local government authorities on appointment of an official (officials), discharging functions of responsible manager of emergencies mitigation in case of incidents of B level.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should be numbered, bound, confirmed and approved by proper organizations. It should also bear the seals of the enterprises and organizations, which approved this plan.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should be agreed by territorial administrations of the State Service on Mines Inspectorate and Industrial Safety, territorial bodies of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, territorial establishments of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service, and, in case of need, by the local government authorities.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should be approved by the owner (director) of the enterprise. Operative part of the plan of emergencies mitigation for the incidents of level B should be approved by the local government authorities.
Plan of emergencies mitigation in the full scope should be kept by the director and coordinating manager of the enterprise (project), as well as by territorial administration of the State Service on Mines Inspectorate and Industrial Safety and territorial body of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
Extracts from the plan of emergencies mitigation in the scope, sufficient for qualitative performance or proper actions, should be kept by the head (manager) of production (shops, departments, operational areas), operations coordination centers of territorial bodies of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine, emergency rescue services, which serve potentially hazardous object. These extracts should be kept also at the workplaces.
Plan of emergencies mitigation should be reviewed each 5 years.
Extraordinary review of the plan of emergencies mitigation should be carried out on the basis of an order (instruction) of the bodies of the State Service on Mines Inspectorate and Industrial Safety, as well as in case of change of technology, equipment, metrological provision of technological process, change of production organization, in case of availability of information about incidents at similar enterprises (objects).